Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aaaarrrggghhhh!


Friday night we had a pirate party for Xander's 4th birthday. Four of his little friends came over for an hour and half of goodies and games. The boys looked so cute in their pirate gear and even I pulled out a pirate outfit of my own...one has to get into the spirit of things.

I couldn't find Noah's pirate clothes so he went civilian but it didn't keep him from acting like a little pirate and attacking the parrot.

We sent the kids on a treasure hunt to find some golden treats...

and we played musical ships(musical chairs). The penalty for losing was walking the plank...the boys really enjoyed that.

All day Xander had talked about how "tonight is going to be so cool" and "I am so excited about tonight". I don't think he was disappointed in how the party turned out. The boys were all really well-behaved and the party was a lot of fun.


The cutest pirates ever!

5 comments:

Jeanne Lawyer said...

What cute pirates. However, I didn't see a picture of you in your pirate attire. I would have enjoyed that! Happy Birthday Xanderman.

The Clark Family said...

How much fun! I wish we could have been there. Xander is the cutest little pirate in the whole world.

Sommer said...

What a cute idea!!! I agree with Jeanne, I wish that you would have posted a picture of you in your attire, maybe you can wear it to the ward trunk or treat =)

Anonymous said...

What a great party theme. Seriously Tracie, you are the most creative mom ever!! Looks like everyone had a blast! Tell Xanderman Happy Birthday from Uncle Dan and Aunt Cherish!!

jenn and flay said...

Too cute! Now I feel like I have to up the ante for Andrew's birthday next week. We're going spongebob, so I need to make all the games underwater themed I guess. Hmmmm.