Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Monday night we headed to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out some BIG pumpkins to carve. We had to settle for a small produce stand that sold pumpkins since it was raining cats and dogs. The kids still had fun picking out their pumpkins and Noah just ran around pointing at them and saying, "Pump! Pump!"




Later that evening we got out the knives and did a little carving. Both Savannah and Xander are very good gut-removers!



Thanks to some really great stencils, we have really cool pumpkins again this year!

4 comments:

The Clark Family said...

So cool! We did pumpkin carving last night as well. I can not wait to see you, everyday I am like just a few more days until you come!!! Sorry for copying your Obama entry, I just couldn't help myself.

Jared and Kelly said...

Okay - that pout of Xander's is too cute! Your pumpkins turned out so well...makes me regret that we didn't carve this year.

Sommer said...

Great job! I love the picture of all three kids together

Anonymous said...

Xander is hillarious!! He really knows how to pull some faces. I can't believe how grown up he and Savannah are looking... Not like little kids anymore... I am sure for you guys it is kind of bittersweet!! Kim's Maiden name is Gourd..... something. It is dutch, and hard to spell and say.