Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blue Rock Stars Game 6

I LOVE watching Savannah play soccer. This season has been so much fun! She seems to understand the game a little better than last year and is so much more aggressive.

She wanted to score another goal so badly this week and was so upset that it didn't happen. I told her that I was so proud of how well she played and it didn't matter if she scored or not.

She had a few tumbles during the game and extremely dirty knees at the end of it. I reminded her that these are signs of a good soccer player. If you don't have dirty knees at the end of a soccer game, then you haven't played well enough...and if you don't hit the ground at least once during a game, you haven't played hard enough.

The game ended in another tie, 1-1. Her last game is next week.

4 comments:

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Oh our sweet Savannah. She sounds competitive. I wonder where she gets it from?

The Clark Family said...

I never had dirty knees and was the best soccer player ever. What are you teaching that daughter of yours? Ha Ha.

Jared and Kelly said...

Ah, she's going to be just as athletic as her mommy! Sure wish we could see her play.

Jared and Kelly said...

By the way - I LOVED Heidi's comment!