Monday, October 13, 2008

Another Wonderful Weekend


Another wonderful weekend! It started Friday night as David and I attended our Stake Temple Night. We were lucky enough to have a prayer meeting with the Washington DC's exiting temple presidency and to listen to their amazing messages of faith, hope, and love. Then, early Saturday morning, I traveled up to Philadelphia with several close friends to attend Time Out for Women. This was my first time attending one of these meetings and I had such a great time. The message of the conference was joy and all of the talks as well as the music were so inspiring. There was also a special excitement in the crowd after just receiving the announcement that Phili will have a temple soon. We then hurried home from Time Out to attend the adult session of Stake Conference, the session that is my personal favorite. Just like last week with General Conference, I had a very spiritually fulfilling weekend.
Check out our cool Time Out for Women bags!


Oh, look who I ran into on my way to Time Out for Women...one of my favorite people of all time. (Ha-ha!)

The only disappointing thing about this weekend was that I missed Savannah's soccer game...and of course it was in this game that she scored two goals!! I am so proud of her but so upset that I missed her first goals ever. Hopefully there will be plenty more.

4 comments:

Principal Sal said...

That sounds like a great time! Your picture with you and your buddy is great! SO...how far is NYC from MD? The kids and I are going to visit my sister for a week in Dec. It would be so fun to see you! Didn't you just love conference? The Time Out for Women must be good too. Do they do that here in UT?

The Wright Family said...

I just heard about the time out thing because my sister attended one in Logan, but I don't think they have them in SLC, or Provo. They sound really neat. Did you give Obama a piece of your mind? LOL- I really enjoy reading your blog.

The Clark Family said...

Hey sis-sounds like an amazing weekend. Did you give Obama a hello for me? Tell him thank you for ruining our country in advance. Also, what is up, are you not commenting on my blog anymore? Where is the love?

Megan and Jonny said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'm glad you found my blog (so I could find yours!). Feel free to recommend good history books--I'm up for any genre!