Monday, October 6, 2008

Wonderful Weekend!


Return to Virtue. Prayer. Adversity. Living for today. Service. These were just a few of the many wonderful topics and instruction given to us this past weekend by the prophet, apostles, and church leaders. General Conference is a time that David and I eagerly look forward to and we always end the weekend feeling uplifted and spiritually fed. After talking to my sister Heidi about the talks, we both agreed that one of the major themes of this conference was that if we are living as we should, we have no reason to fear. We live in uncertain times, with so many things that are very scary: economic depression, terrorist attacks, attacks on the family, etc. It's so easy to get nervous and frightened of what tomorrow may hold. But after listening to the comforting words of conference I know that if David and I continue to try to live righteous lives and strive to live as Christ would have us live, then all will be well.

5 comments:

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Well said. It was a wonderful conference wasn't it.

shayla said...

It's so comforting to me that our Prophet knows what's ahead and can sound those warnings in an ever so soft, yet heeding voice. I love the return to simple things & basic principles.

HeavenlyHome said...

Just amazing, stuff, huh?!?! So fun to find your blog page and find the prophet smiling back at me!

Sommer said...

That is so comforting I agree. Thank you for that post.

Principal Sal said...

I agree with you! This conference was truly inspiring! I think we all need to "Enjoy the Journey"