Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Fun Museum

Whenever we visit Cincinnati, we ALWAYS take the kids to the Children's Museum. We try to get there early to enjoy at least an hour of calm before the hordes of moms with their kids hit the place. Well, this time we were able to enjoy several hours of relative quiet; I guess everyone decided to do something else that day.


My future vet.


We spent some time building this arch with the kids...


and after completing it I had everyone gather underneath it for a picture. Right before I hit "click", some little boy came running over and knocked the whole thing down. Nice! So, we had to rebuild it just to get the posed shot.


Sinking feeling of the day: my dad and Heidi were watching all the kids play in the kitchen and store areas. I told them that I was going to go find Xander who had wandered off to the ball area. I hung out with Xander for about 10 minutes and then we headed out to find everyone. We walked all over the museum and finally found them all at the tree house. As I walked up holding Xander's hand, my dad asked, "Where's Noah?" At first I thought he was joking but quickly realized that he was not. Noah was unaccounted for for at least the amount of time that I had been with Xander. That awful feeling of losing my child hit my stomach full force and the tears sprang to my eyes as I quickly headed out in search of my Noah. Thank goodness I found him within seconds. When he saw me he got this huge smile on his face and said, "Mommy, I couldn't find you." I snatched him up and gave him the biggest hug. Other than that horrible few moments we had a really great time at the museum (other than Heidi coming down with the flu!).

4 comments:

shayla said...

Didn't you used to want to be a vet too?

The Clark Family said...

Ok, seriously, I didn't know you didn't take Noah with you!! You know I was just trying to throw up on all the kids as they passed by. We sound like the worst adults in the world. And it was fun, besides the serious flu situation...

The Clark Family said...

I meant NOT throw up on the kids but somehow that got left out...I wasn't really trying to throw up on any kids, I promise!

The Momma said...

I love that museum!! I'm sorry Noah was missing! That is a Mothers worst fear YIKES!