Thursday, August 26, 2010

Soccer Camp

From 8:30am to 2:30pm the last two weeks of July, Savannah, Xander, and I attended soccer camp, I as a counselor, Sav and X as campers. It was a blast though I must admit that after the first two days I didn't know if I was going to make it the whole two weeks. The first day of camp I came home with a raging headache that laid me out the rest of the day and, after the second day of camp, I was so exhausted that I was asleep by 8:00 that night. The weather didn't help either; there were some days that were so hot and humid that I just stood watching the kids play and the sweat was streaming down my back. But my body did adjust and I thoroughly enjoyed being with the kids. Savannah and Xander also had a great time and I am so impressed with how much their soccer skills have improved! Each week there were over 60 kids, ranging in age from 7 to 15, boys and girls, so Savannah and Xander were able to make some new friends as well. Savannah started calling me Coach Mommy which was quickly picked up by the majority of the campers and even now, when I run into campers, they still call me Coach Mommy.
Although Savannah says that I was her favorite coach, there were two other coaches that she really liked: Coach Paul (with two of Savannah's best friends Natalie and Jasmina)

and Coach Potter (who she REALLY liked).


I can't wait to do it again next summer!

3 comments:

Jared and Kelly said...

Where are the pictures of you?!! It looks like your kids just had a wonderful time. How fun!

Catherine said...

How fun to do that with your kids!

Sommer said...

It cracks me up how boy crazy Savannah is. I think I was a lot like that at her age... you're going to have fun when she's a teenager =)