Sunday, August 8, 2010

Being With Cousins = Fun!

One of the best things about summer is that we get to spend so much time with family. My sister Heidi and her family just moved back to Ohio after spending four years in Florida while her husband Ryan went to med school. I know how hard it was for Heidi to leave Florida but I am so, so happy that we live closer to each other now, if you can call an 8 hour drive closer. They were able to spend a week with us in Baltimore, being there for Savannah's birthday and baptism and then we got to spend 3 weeks together in Cinci. The kids just have the best time together and I hope one day that we'll live even closer.
Thank goodness Grandma has a huge truck full of dress-up!

Savannah enjoys spending time with McKenna and Ashlyn doing "girlie" things.

Watching movies.

McKenna had several splinters in her feet and had to soak them to try and get those dang things closer to the surface. All the kids decided that they needed to soak their feet as well.

Savannah, Xander, and McKenna spent tons of time putting together their outside fort and Uncle Ryan joined in, making their fort even better.

Two peas in a pod.


What is summer without lots of freezie pops?

Enjoying some rice krispie treats.

Scooter fun.

Cousins are the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really close with many of my cousins, and I can say, that those are some of the relationships I cherish most!! It is wonderful to have cousins as friends.

The Clark Family said...

I had already forgotten about so many of those moments! I am so glad that you captured them and we had better live closer together someday!!

Sommer said...

They look so so happy together! Cousins really are the best!