Sunday, August 1, 2010

Party Time!

I LOVE throwing parties but this year I wanted the focus of Savannah's birthday to be on her baptism so we kept her birthday party pretty low-key. I usually start planning the kids' parties 3-4 months in advance so this year it was a nice change to not think about it until the week of. My sister Heidi and I planned simple, inexpensive yet still fun games to play. There was "Don't Eat Pete" which was a huge hit with the kids;

Red Rover, Red Rover (can you believe not one of these girls had ever played this before?); the girls got a huge kick out of Noah who, when it was his turn, ran right past the girls rather than through them;


the suitcase relay;

freeze dance...does Savannah look serious about her dancing or what?

And a chair game that I remember playing as a teen.

We had pizza for dinner, cake and ice cream for dessert

and finished up the evening by watching "The Parent Trap". It was a fun evening and Savannah had a great time with all her friends.

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

How fun it was to be there! What a great party and it was good to introduce some good oldies to the girls like Red Rover. That was like my favorite game growing up. Anyway, glad to see you are back to blogging, just like me!!

Catherine said...

That doesn't seem all that low key to me, what do you normally do for birthday parties?? Can I hire you to plan mine??