Thursday, August 12, 2010

Celebrating our Independence

We were lucky to be with family this year to celebrate our Independence Day. We spent the day at the Clark's house, enjoying good food, conversation, the Disney movie "Johnny Tremain", smoke bombs, and sparklers.
One of my favorite moments of the day was when McKenna played "A Grand 'Ole Flag" on this little trumpet she got from McDonalds or some other fast food place. Savannah followed her with "Yankee Doodle Dandee". So cute!


Yummy cupcakes for dessert.

The red frosting monster!




3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow you're going a really great job catching up your blog from all your adventures, it's been fun to read!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

I love all of the pictures and Noah is so funny! Not only do I love his "monster" pics but I also like the one where all of the cousins are holding up their cupcakes and Noah is staring so intensely at his...Just makes me laugh! I miss you and the kids and can't wait to see all of you sometime...Hopefully sooner than later!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I read Bryan's comment, and had to scroll up and look at Noah, looking at his cupcake again! TOO FUNNY!!! I love it! All the kids are so dang cute! It is awesome that they get to be friends with their cousins and have a good time!