Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Cinci Zoo


Out of all the zoos I've been to, the Cincinnati Zoo is definitely one of my favorites! They have the best gorilla exhibit, one which I'd like to spend at least 4-5 hours observing but can only grab about 10 minutes with little kids around. And even though I don't like reptiles, this zoo has an amazing collection of snakes: a cobra, some humongous rattlesnakes, pythons, and even a green mamba, for pete's sake! Looking at that thing gives me the creeps! While we were checking out all the snakes, the alligators that are housed in the center of the reptile house started making all these loud, weird "roars". One started and then they all started going. At first I thought they were banging their tails against the walls, that's how loud it was.


On this particular day, as we roamed around the zoo, we met different zoo keepers who were holding various animals that the kids were able to pet or hold. The first one was a python and the kids weren't too thrilled about holding it...until I volunteered to do it first. From then on the kids had no problem touching anything.

We love this snow leopard - he always comes down to the window for us.


The funny thing about these zookeeper exhibits was that we would walk up to one of them and absolutely NO ONE else would even be nearby...and as soon as we got to her, about 25 other kids would swarm up and push our kids aside. Pretty annoying!


Of course we can't go anywhere without Noah having some kind of meltdown at some point. Here he is with his hang-dog walk which Grandpa decided to copy. What a pair!


Instead of riding the train which had a super long line, we treated the kids to some yummy ice cream!

Another fun trip to the zoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I wish we had a more exciting zoo here... But I think things like the zoo are tons more fun when you take kids and see their reactions. :)

The Momma said...

How fun!! I wanna know where this is! Looks like a great zoo. I love the moping walk too, so funny!