Sunday, August 29, 2010

Utah!

First and foremost I want to apologize to any of my Utah friends who might be reading this post and thinking, "Well, Tracie, that certainly was not very nice to come all the way out to Utah and not even say 'hello'!" It has been 3 years since I have been to Utah and there are so many people that I would have loved to have seen but unfortunately I did not have a car and, truthfully, this weekend really was all about family. There were several things I wanted to accomplish on this visit:
1. Meet my two new,cute little nieces, Aveleen and Sophie


2. Visit with my sister Tricia and all her kids. I also got to see Tricia make one of her beautiful cakes and she even included me in the process, having me help her make some of the flowers.



Michaela holding Sophie, Brandon, Lexie, Hannah, Sarah, and Kate.

Two of my very talented nieces, Michaela with her paintings and Hannah with her drawings.


3. While Kelly, Jared, and Aveleen were out celebrating Jared's parents' 40th wedding anniversary at a big Bullock family bash, my mom and I worked on preparing the food for a luncheon that would take place after Aveleen's baby blessing on Sunday.
These pictures were taken prior to Kelly and Jared leaving for the party - they all looked so fabulous!


4. Celebrate my mom's birthday - we went to yummy Tepanyaki for dinner.

5. Be there for Aveleen's baby blessing and what an amazing blessing it was!


Sorry, Kelly, I just couldn't resist!

6. Spend some time with my in-laws, Dave and Jackie, who are heading off on a mission to Texas.

Another picture I just couldn't resist posting - Jackie got a reprimand from an officer for having their dog Fritz in the canyon which apparently is a big no-no.

I also got to see Kelly in action as a lawyer in one of her court cases (which she won!), see the wonderful Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, stock up on some lovely items at Deseret Book, eat out A LOT, and enjoy having a hotel room all to myself. Although it was an extremely busy weekend with VERY long days, I am so glad that I was able to go. On my next visit I promise to see all the friends that I truly miss.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I never get to see all the people I want to when I'm in Utah, so don't feel bad. There's usually too many people and never enough time! Glad you had fun!

The Clark Family said...

I am so glad you did this post! Since I was the only one not there, it is so good to be able to see some photos, especially since I haven't seen many photos of my two new nieces! I love all the pics and that cake is so cool Tricia made. Good job helping out.

Anonymous said...

It was really great to see you and have lunch! You are going to have to let me know how you and David like Mockingjay! I am getting my copy from Amazon this week so I will be reading.... :)

Sommer said...

You crack me up with your two pictures you couldn't resist putting up, how funny are you! It sounds like such a fun trip, I love your family Tracie, they seem like such wonderful people. I am so impressed by how talented your two nieces are at drawing and painting, that is just amazing!

shayla said...

You ARE really into that hotel room all by yourself thing:) I think I need to adopt that rule for some quiet time of my own!!! Looks like a great time in Utah with your cute family! Fun to see pics of your darling sisters!