Friday, May 9, 2008

The Beach with Friends

My Internet has been down for a few days so, now that it's working again, it's time to catch up with my blogging. Wednesday morning the boys and I headed to the beach with my good friends Jeanne and Sommer and Sommer's two boys. We had an absolute blast! The weather was absolutely perfect and the kids really enjoyed the water. I can't say the same for me; when I put my feet in I thought I was touching water from the Arctic! Brrrrr! Those trips to the Caribbean have spoiled me. But the boys and Jeanne got right in with no problem. Xander was in heaven, running and jumping everywhere and Noah didn't even hesitate...he headed straight to the water and then just spent his time crawling along the shoreline.

Noah's first time at the beach was a success. Knowing that he enjoyed himself so much here makes me look forward to St. John even more.


Xander is definitely a beach boy. I wonder if it's hereditary?


Crawling along the shoreline. It's almost like Noah knew that he couldn't go any deeper by himself. There were a few times he got a mouthful of water but it didn't seem to bother him too much. I have tried not to think about what was in the water. Yuck!



With Auntie Jeanne. Oh, how my kids love her! And no wonder...she is one of the best women I know.

Hanging out with Sommer's little boy Nathan. He's 8 months and one of the chunkiest, cutest little babies around.

I still don't know how Jeanne did it, getting out there in the frigid water. She kept telling me that it wasn't so bad once you got used to it...yeah, right. I love this look of sheer joy on her face. The boys had such a great time going out in the water with her.

The look on Xander's face says it all...gross, dead fish!

After spending some time in the water, we of course had to spend a little time on the playground.



2 comments:

Sommer said...

That was so fun, we'll definitly have to go again soon. I still can't get over how Noah just went right in the water and didn't mind at all. Your kids just LOVE the beach and water=) And yes, Aunt Jeannie is the best, what would our kids do without her..... what would we do without her =)

The Clark Family said...

Looks like so much fun. I can't wait until the VI!