Monday, May 5, 2008

The National Zoo


We wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather on Saturday so we headed down to DC to The National Zoo. We got there later than I had hoped so it was a bit crowded but we still had fun. One of my favorite parts of this zoo is that they have two enclosures for the orangutans quite a distance apart from each other and the orangutans can go from one enclosure to the other by walking along ropes high above the people walking around the zoo. We were walking to one of the exhibits and I just happened to look up and whoa...there's an orangutan above us. It was pretty neat!



Another favorite at this zoo are the pandas. One of the pandas was very active for us. He climbed up a tree, went upside down and started shaking a branch, broke it, and then climbed back down. Loved it! The only bummer part of the day for me was that we didn't really get to see the gorillas which are my favorite. They were all hiding. Oh, well...maybe next time.


1 comments:

Sommer said...

Oh my word, i didn't know that they let the gorilla's climb on the ropes above your head, that looks so cool! I just want to go there even more now =)