Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sakura!


My favorite restaurant is a place called Tepanyaki, a Japanese steak house in Utah. For many years David and I made the long drive down to Provo from Salt Lake just to eat there because it was so dang yummy. They finally opened several others closer to our home in Salt Lake and then, of course, we moved. Thank goodness I quickly found a similar type of restaurant, Sakura, about 10 minutes from our home here in Baltimore. Tepanyaki is still better but this will do when I'm craving Japanese. Last night the Young Women of our ward were having a camp fundraiser; they were babysitting kids for 5 hours so the parents could go out! So of course a bunch of us jumped on that great opportunity and, after dropping our kids off for the evening, headed to Sakura for some dinner. What fun we had! After dinner David and I went shopping to get me some new clothes...it really was a great evening.

1 comments:

Sommer said...

yay for clothes shopping! Sakura sounds interesting, I'm not sure if I've every had Japanese, I'll have to give it a try. Are we still on for the Tawiann cooking?