Friday, May 16, 2008

Twice Bitten


I know it's hard to see from the picture but what seem to be two nasty bruises are actually spider bites. Both David and Savannah were bitten by some nasty little spider and his bite left a hefty mark! About two days ago I noticed a bruise on Savannah's leg and then I noticed the same kind of bruise on David's arm. After comparing them, we quickly realized what they were. On Savannah's you can actually see the puncture wound. There is a small, pasty white, swollen circle surrounded by this circular bruise that continues to grow and grow. I lay in bed last night imagining all sorts of horrible things that could happen...the bruises just get bigger and bigger as the poison continues to spread through their bodies, destroying tissues and organs...yeah, along those lines. Anyway, if anyone has ever seen this kind of spider bite, would you please assure me that nothing bad is going to happen? I could sure use some reassurance right now. I just want to know what kind of spider this was...I have never seen anything like this before!

6 comments:

Sommer said...

Man well I would be freaking out too, that is not fun at all, I'm so sorry Tracie! I asked Ben and I wish I had some reassurance to give you but we both think you should just go to a doctor just to be safe. The least that could happen is everything will be just fine and then you'll have your reassurance that you want. I know it's the weekend so maybe you could just page your doctor tomorrow morning and just describe the bite and see what they say. I've never seen anything like it before either. Good luck and keep me posted!

Sommer said...

By the way, Jeanne has her blog up and running, here's the website http://www.benandjeannelawyer.blogspot.com/

The Clark Family said...

Holy crazy. I agree with Sommer, maybe get them checked out just to be on the safe side. Ryan said he didn't know anyone else did what I did, that is lay in bed thinking of worst case scenarios for things!

Jared and Kelly said...

Poor Savannah and David! Those are nasty! I'm so sorry - it really is scary to have something like that happen. We'll be waiting to find out what the doctor says!

Julie said...

The only thing worse than those bites & worrying about them is the thought that a spider was crawling on their skin. That thought is enough to keep me feeling creepy crawly all day. Yuck.

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Tracie, I am glad to hear that you took Savannah to the Dr. However, with your ever so morbid description of what you imagined about spiders and what they can do, you may be able to reach that goal of 4 books in 4 years. hehehe.