Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommy's Day!


I received the royal treatment yesterday morning to start off my Mother's Day - breakfast in bed! And the rest of Mother's Day was just as wonderful. I got to hear two of my beautiful children sing a Mother's Day song to me at church, Savannah prepared a Mother's Day hunt for me for Family Home Evening as well as directed David and Xander to sit at the table and make Mother's Day cards for me, and the Jazz won. What could be better than that?
Look at these great homemade cards I received!

I am so grateful for this cute family of mine.

But being a mother on this day and receiving such wonderful treatment from my family did not stop me thinking about my own mother and the wonderful example she continues to be for me. She has taught me so much and I know how much she loves each and every one of her children and grandchildren. I just wish that we lived closer so that we could spend more time together. Thank you, Mom, for all the wonderful things you have done for me and for being the best mom around.

5 comments:

Sommer said...

yum yum your breakfast looks really good, I'm impressed with David! I LOVE the picture of you and the kids, it made me laugh so hard, I could just picutre Xander not wanting to get his picture taken and then Savannah looked so cute with her hands up and you Noah looks so cute with his little teeth, I just love your family, you have such a cute family.

Grandma Schaeffer said...

Yummy Breakfast....where are YOUR runny eggs, huH?

jenn and flay said...

Happy mother's day to an awesome mom! You inspire me with the fabulous job you do with your kids. Keep up the good work.

The Clark Family said...

Sure, mom comments on your blog! What a cute family! I love your kids and miss you guys so much. I can't wait to see you. You are such a great mom, thanks for all of your ideas and help over the years. I would be lost without you!

Jared and Kelly said...

Well, good moms definitely deserve to have a good Mother's Day! I'm sure glad you did. You have such a cute family.