Sunday, November 11, 2007

Finally...Success!




What a cute Shrek bum!!!

This summer Xander was potty trained...and then decided that that wasn't the life for him. So, rather than get mad or frustrated, I just let him be, realizing that he was only 2 and we still had some time. But about three weeks ago I decided that I had had enough of changing two pairs of diapers. I knew that Xander knew how to use the bathroom because he would use it when he felt like it. To Xander it was more convenient to just go in his pullups rather than interrupt his playing time and head to a bathroom. So, I decided enough was enough and took away his pullups. I put him in underwear knowing that we would have a few rough days but hopeful that Xander would realize the time had come to be a big boy and use the bathroom. Well, the first day he had two accidents...and then after that it was only 1 accident every couple of days. And now it has been over a week of no accidents so I feel confident in saying that we have success! As a special treat to celebrate his accomplishment I took Xander to Chuck E. Cheese, his favorite place on the whole earth. All I can say is two down, one to go.

2 comments:

Jared and Kelly said...

Congratulations to both you and Xander! I can't believe how quickly your children are growing... At least I don't feel like I'm missing EVERYTHING since you have this blog!

The Clark Family said...

Yeah Xander! And Chuck E Cheese, what a treat! That is a cute little Shrek bum!