Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Young Women

On Sunday I was able to attend Relief Society, something I haven't done in almost 2 years. I must admit that it was nice to be able to just walk in, sit down, and listen without being the one running the show. About 5 minutes before class was over the new Young Womens President called me out and had me come into the Young Womens room. When I walked in I saw all of my beautiful young women and leaders, as well as the Stake Young Womens President, sitting there, all with white roses in their hands. They each took a turn bringing me a white rose with a personal note attached to it and gave me a hug, thanking me for my time as Young Womens President. They also presented me with one of my favorite pictures, Christ with the Young Women, so that I would always remember my time with them. It was such a special moment, one that I will treasure always. My favorite calling is in the Young Womens and I will miss spending time with them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so awesome!! I'm glad they did that, sad I missed it.

The Clark Family said...

That is so sweet! You were such a great YW pres, I am sure that you will be sorely missed. That is really nice of them though, and I love that picture!

Jared and Kelly said...

Okay, first of all - you look GORGEOUS! Your hair is getting so long! That was so incredibly sweet of them. And, I'm sure, well deserved. Next time, maybe you can tell me when you're released! :)