Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Halloween - my favorite holiday. I know it's kind of strange considering I don't have a sweet tooth and could care less about candy but I've always found the whole monsters/witches/ghosts/haunted house thing really cool. My love of Halloween has rubbed off on my kids and since the day we decorated they have been looking forward to this night. The kids looked really great in their costumes. Savannah was a very sweet looking vampire and we pulled out the bat costume for Noah. But Xander won the costume contest! David did a great job with his face makeup and Xander's whole personality just fit the Frankenstein character. He would walk up to get the candy, hold out his hand without saying a word or looking at the person, take the candy, grunt something which unfortunately was not "thank you", and then walk away. Almost every person handing out candy or that we passed on the sidewalk commented on our little Frankenstein...he really did look great! One of the benefits to living in a townhouse is we didn't have to walk far to get to a bunch of houses. Plus, out here, everyone just sits on their porch to hand out candy so that cuts down on the waiting time for someone to answer the door. The kids were able to get a ton of candy and we loved seeing all of the wonderful decorations that people had put up. Xander was so tired when I tucked him in bed that he was falling asleep as he was giving me a good night kiss...an obvious sign of a night well spent.






Savannah really wanted us to match so thank goodness we were able to find these costumes. It's amazing how hard it is nowadays to find an adult female costume that isn't prefaced by "sexy".

The vampire and her adorable bat baby. Watch out for his fangs!

We made off with a pretty good stash...now we just have to convince Mom and Dad that candy is acceptable for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.


A better view of our pumpkins!

4 comments:

Jared and Kelly said...

I was waiting for these pictures! I couldn't wait to see all three in their costumes. Well done David on Xander's make-up! It really did turn out so well! And Tracie, you still looked pretty sexy... :) Your kids are too cute for words. Now I have to go check Heidi's blog to see if she has the pictures of her kids up yet... so sad that I don't get to see any of my nieces and nephews in real life for such occasions.

canary45.blogspot.com said...

PF: great costumes,great family presentation. As I scan blogs ,I'm always amazed at the breath and depth of families throughout the world--their customs, cultural icons, ways and means of living.

Sal Gal said...

What GREAT costumes. You all look fabulous. I love that you and Savannah match. You are such a fun MOM! Your pumpkins look great too.

The Clark Family said...

Okay, your kids are the cutest! Xander does look awesome, David really did do such a good job! You and Savannah are so cute, I just think about our wonderful books when I look at you! And Noah is so cute as a fat little bat!