Friday, November 23, 2007

Tonto, the Friendly Indian

David was such a good dad and was telling the kids about the pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving. They were very interested, soaking up all the wonderful information he was giving them. They were especially interested in the story of Tonto, the friendly Indian who taught the pilgrims how to fish and plant corn and all of those survival techniques that were so important. I was pretty amazed at David's stories as well because, you see, I had no idea that the Lone Ranger's sidekick was the Indian responsible for helping the pilgrims survive. Silly me...I thought for sure his name was Squanto. After I was able to stop laughing I pointed out to David his mistake and we had a pretty good laugh about it together. I just hope that the name "Tonto" doesn't stick in the kids' minds whenever they think of the first Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

This story is hilarious! I totally was like, "I don't think his name was Tonto" when I started reading this...

Pamela Anderson said...

That is a journal entry material.