Saturday, November 3, 2007

Savannah's last soccer game

The weather forecasters said today would be sunny and 61 and, as often happens, the forecasters were WRONG! It was overcast, windy, and cold. We headed off to Savannah's last soccer game this morning, all of us sad that the season was over. Only half of her team showed up and the other team was missing a lot of girls as well so the coaches decided to only play a 20 minute half. The assistant coach was gone so I got to coach again which I so enjoy! The girls played really well and were able to win their last game, 1 - 0. Savannah ran her heart out and had several collisions, unfortunately with her own teammates...kids this age just run in packs on the soccer field. At the end of the game the girls received trophies and Savannah has proudly displayed hers on her nightstand in her room.

Trying to stay warm!




What a great season, Grasshoppers!

The sign of a good soccer player...dirty knees!

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Okay, so I am all caught up now on commenting on your blog. You know I like to make a comment on each entry! Savannah was so darling as a little grasshopper this year, I am so proud of her! Although I would just love to come to one of her games. Maybe next year I will have to come up for a weekend or something!

Jared and Kelly said...

So glad that her pink eye cleared up quickly. Please bring video of her playing soccer at Christmas, because I really want to see her play! And unfortunately, I'm not close enough to where I could plan on coming to one of the games. Video is as close as I'll probably ever get.