Sunday, November 18, 2007

Savannah Sings

Today I got to experience one of the most wonderful events of my life and I hadn't expected it to be. Today was the Primary program in Sacrament Meeting and Savannah sang a solo part and duet for the song "If the Savior Stood Beside Me". We are not a singing family by any means so it came as quite a great shock to David and I when Savannah came home one Sunday announcing that she had a solo part in the program. For the past 2 weeks she has been working on the song with the help of the Primary chorister because I have NO singing capabilities whatsoever. As we drove to church this morning I was singing it with her so she could get some final practice in and I was worried that I would ruin her hours of practice because I sing so poorly. But as she stood up there and started singing "If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?" the tears started to come. As I looked at my precious little daughter and heard her sweet little voice I just couldn't help getting emotional. I hadn't expected to feel such love and joy at hearing her sing; it was incredible! She did such a tremendous job and David and I were both so proud of her.

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I so wish I could have been there! I am going to pull a Kelly and say that as I read this blog, I started to get teary, just imagining her up there singing. These are the best moments as parents! Tell Savannah I am so proud of her and that I love her!

Anonymous said...

Good Job Savannah!! Uncle Dan and I are proud of you!!