Sunday, November 18, 2007

Party Day!

Friday to Saturday David was off with the scouts on an overnight camping trip which left me alone with the kids...yes, what a shocker! Anyway, Saturday morning Savannah and Xander went to a birthday party at this new bounce place that has opened up. The kids had an absolutely fabulous time but I did NOT! For two hours I had to lug around my 23 pound baby and tend to Xander's sensitive nature. Xander is Savannah's little shadow and most of the time she doesn't have a problem with this but there were a bunch of her old preschool friends at this party that she wanted to spend time with. Xander was having a hard time keeping up with them and would get upset easily. After an hour and a half of bouncing around on all the different apparatuses the kids ate pizza and cake in one of the smallest rooms I've ever been in and it seemed even smaller after shoving almost 50 kids into it. Most of the parents stayed outside of the room but Xander kept "needing" me to get him food, drinks, napkins, etc. Some of the other moms helped me with Noah but I didn't want to just pawn him off so most of the time I was carrying him and my neck, shoulders, and back are feeling the effects today.




Savannah coming down the slide with her good friend Jacob

The second party of the day was an easy one...it was right next door. The party was a combined celebration of two birthdays and the acquisition of a meteorology degree. Our neighbors had tons of people over...I was amazed at how many people they were able to fit into their townhouse. The thing that got me running home, though, to get my camera was the pig. They brought in this huge roasted pig for dinner! I am not a pork eater (and many of you know why!) but I just had to get some pictures of it. Surprisingly Savannah and Xander weren't that grossed out about it and Savannah was even willing to pose in front of it. They had a bunch of other good food but I didn't eat much because David and I had gotten a babysitter so we could go out to eat and do some Christmas shopping.

1 comments:

The Clark Family said...

That is some pig! That looks like a really cool bounce place, we will have to go there when we come up to visit. Sorry about David not being there to help, I hate when that happens and I only have 2!