Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our Weekend

Friday night is usually movie night at the Pierce house but we had a late dinner and, since I am a stickler for bedtime and a movie would have pushed us back on that, we decided to have a game night instead. The kids each picked a game to play; Xander chose Hungry Hippos. David was the champ in that game though I think he was hiding some of the white balls under his legs to pull out when we counted to see who won. Savannah really struggles with losing and so we're really trying to work with her on being a good loser...this can be hard when David is shouting his praises as the winner. We also played Go Fish and Old Maid. Playing card games with Xander is hilarious. He shows everyone his cards, announces what card he just drew from the pile, and always, always lets us know when he has the Old Maid.




Saturday Savannah and Xander went to a birthday party at a local swimming club. The party was for a boy, Gavin, that had been in Savannah's preschool class and for his younger sister, Eva, who is a little younger than Xander. Savannah got right into the pool and started swimming...she obviously has missed our days at the pool. Xander had fallen asleep on the ride to the party so he was being his grumpy self at the start and it took a little longer for him to want to get in the pool. Once in the water he sort of forgot that he knows how to swim and a mom in the pool had to grab him as he struggled to keep his head up. But after that first bad moment he did just fine. The kids had a great time and it was so nice for me to see my preschool mom friends.



Saturday night we had our movie night - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was the new one, the one with Johnny Depp. I absolutely love this movie and so did the kids. I love the old one with Gene Wilder but I like this one even more. Johnny Depp is absolutely amazing as Willy Wonka and I find myself going around with the song "Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka" in my head. If any of you have not seen this movie I would highly recommend it. It's wonderful and Savannah and Xander gave it two thumbs up.

6 comments:

Jared and Kelly said...

What fun! That seahorse/shower thing was awesome! Wish I had gone to a party like that when I was little! Though, we did have really fun pool parties at our house... I absolutely love that picture of Xander and Savannah together in the pool. Too cute!

Jared and Kelly said...

I didn't realize the game night was part of this blog... You have such a darling family. And now I know that if I ever play Old Maid, I want to play with Xander! :) Increase my chance of winning. And Savannah's displeasure with losing might be a good quality to have - drive her to accomplish great things! And it's nice to see that Noah got to be a part of the fun, too!

Jared and Kelly said...

Jared loves the duck slide...Go Ducks!

The Clark Family said...

Wow, how fun does that swim club look! And what a fun game night! I will have to try that with McKenna, I never think to try because I don't think she will understand, but who cares right?

Unknown said...

It's a miracle! Xander's eyes are open while he's smiling!

Unknown said...

And what is that I see? Belly? Talk about modest bathing suits... I'm telling everyone in YW. :P