Friday, November 16, 2007

Our Little Poet

A couple nights ago Savannah came into my room, announcing that she wanted to read a poem she had written. When she was done I asked her if she had done it at school, thinking she might have copied it from something they had done there. But she said she had gotten it from her own brain. It was so cute that I thought I'd include it on our blogspot. Here is Savannah's Ode to Pizza:
I love pizza
Yes, I love pizza
I love you
pizza
Yes, I do.
She also wrote several other poems about being five and more pizza. She is so creative and will disappear for hours into the basement where she creates her poems, books, pictures, crafts, etc. Most days she will have her two friends from next door come play and she always has them play school with her in the basement. Of course she is the teacher and she has them doing their sight words and making crafts. This week they made a Santa Claus and a Haunted House that the girls got to take home. I suggested that maybe they should go play in Savannah's room where the Barbies and Polly Pockets are but Savannah said they could do that AFTER they have school. What an imagination!

1 comments:

The Clark Family said...

She is the cutest. Tell her I really felt the flow of her poem, she is a natural! (I can't wait to see what Kelly says!)